In terms of decentralized crypto products, Ethereum is one of the most active investments – globally. Unlike the proof-of-work mechanism used by Bitcoin, this network has recently proven its stake – making it even more desirable.
If you want to know how to buy Ethereum from the comfort of your home – stay where you are.
Today, we get into everything you need to be aware of when investing in this flexible crypto asset. Considering the different ways of buying Ethereum, investment strategies and how to find a reliable broker.
Don’t worry if you don’t have time to read this guide in its entirety at the moment – if you want to get started, you can follow our quick start guide below.
- Step 1: Go for a credible cryptocurrency broker – eToro has licenses from 3 jurisdictions and you can buy Ethereum without paying a commission.
- Step 6: Select “Join Now” to open an account – enter the details required according to the on-screen login box.
- Step 1: As proof of identity, upload a clear copy of your photo ID – such as your passport or driver’s license. You will also need to send proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement.
- Step 6: To fund your new account, enter the amount you want to deposit and choose one of the many payment methods available on eToro. Once you are satisfied – “Confirm”
- Step 6: Look for Ethereum and click on “Store”. You can now create a purchase order and enter the amount you want to purchase
You have just made your first Ethereum investment with no commission on eToro!
Choose a trusted Ethereum broker
As mentioned above, you will need an intermediary to purchase Ethereum. To save you hours of detailed research, we’ve narrowed down the best Ethereum platforms to five.
2 . EightCap – Ethereum CFD platform with MT5 access
Ethereum provider EightCap was founded in 2009 and offers over 200 different markets. This includes CFDs on cryptocurrencies, indices, forex and piles of stocks with blue chips. When it comes to applying leverage to CFDs on Ethereum, most EU residents will be offered up to 1: 2, and many non-EU residents can have access to 1:25.
3. Capital.com – Ethereum Trading Platform Tailored for Beginners – Minimum Deposit is $ 20
CFD broker Capital.com not only includes Ethereum among its offerings but also over 3,000 alternative markets. This includes many other cryptocurrencies – in addition to foreign exchange, commodities, indices and stocks. In this broker you can buy and sell crypto CFDs 100% without commission.
In terms of protection, Capital.com has been approved and regulated by both CiSEC and FCA. Further, Ethereum can be traded against a bunch of fiat currencies. These include the Australian dollar, the Swedish krona, the South African rand, the Mexican peso, the New Zealand dollar, as well as crypto assets such as Bitcoin. Features of this top rated crypto broker include webinars, news, economic calendars and analytical insights.
4. AvaTrade – Ethereum platform with a bunch of technical analysis tools
AvaTrade offers access to a bunch of CFDs, covering Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies, indices, ETFs, commodities, bonds and stocks. Everything can be traded without commission. As for technical analysis tools – AvaTrade is plentiful. This consists of multiple strategies, guides, indicators, asset-specific lessons, economic calculators and AvaProtect.
If you are interested in using the free demo program while learning how to trade Ethereum, AvaTrade offers one with a balance of $ 10,000 in paper funds. However, if you want to start trading using real money from the beginning, the minimum deposit is 100 USD. Furthermore, if you are an MT4 user, you can easily link your AvaTrade account.